The following terms explained by Andreas Antonopoulos: private / public keys, hash functions, elliptic curve, addresses, and signatures. How can you create an address offline? How does the Bitcoin network “find out” about the address?
Andreas M. Antonopoulos is a technologist and serial entrepreneur who has become one of the most well-known and respected figures in Bitcoin. He is the author of “Mastering Bitcoin,” “The Internet of Money” series, and “Mastering Ethereum.”
Highlights from the report:
– Criminals stole more than US$356 million from exchanges and infrastructure during the first quarter of 2019.
– A tsunami of tough new global anti-money laundering(AML) and counter-terror financing(CTF) regulations will roll over the crypto landscape in the coming year.
– On March 6, 2019, the UN Security Council reported North Korean state-backed hackers successfully breached at least five cryptocurrency exchanges in Asia between January 2017 and September 2018, causing $571 million in losses.
– Iran announced the imminent launch of its long-rumored Crypto Rial, a state-backed stable coin developed with the express purpose of circumventing political sanctions and overcoming sanctions-related restrictions by SWIFT.
– Bithumb, The largest cryptocurrency exchange in South Korea, Bithumb, was hacked in March, and attackers made away with $14 million in EOS and XRP. According to Bloomberg, Bithumb said the incident was most likely caused by an “accident involving insiders” because an external intrusion path hadn’t been revealed after an inspection. This was the second major hack experienced by Bithumb. In June 2018, cybercriminals robbed the exchange of $30.8 million in cryptocurrency.
– In February 2019, the FATF published a draft of an Interpretive Note to Recommendation 15, further clarifying how its regulation recommendations apply to virtual assets. These changes will guide regulatory authorities in a member country when identifying risk, sharing information, and monitoring virtual asset service providers. Additionally, virtual asset service providers will need to be registered or licensed, agree to monitoring by competent authorities, and comply with FATF Recommendations 10-21 (which include policies regarding customer due diligence, record-keeping, politically exposed persons, higher-risk countries, suspicious activity reports, ad confidentiality). The note will be adopted as a part of FATF Standards in June 2019.
Bitcoin or the cryptocurrencies are rapidly becoming a popular buzzword nowadays. Everyone heard about folks that are millionaires in bits. But what is the bitcoin?
An interesting article from NY Times “What Is Bitcoin, and How Does It Work?” gives us some useful explanations:
A Bitcoin is a digital token — with no physical backing — that can be sent electronically from one user to another, anywhere in the world. A Bitcoin can be divided out to eight decimal places, so you can send someone 0.00000001 Bitcoins. This smallest fraction of a Bitcoin — the penny of the Bitcoin world — is referred to as a Satoshi, after the anonymous creator of Bitcoin.
Unlike traditional payment networks like Visa, the Bitcoin network is not run by a single company or person. The system is run by a decentralized network of computers around the world that keep track of all Bitcoin transactions, similar to the way Wikipedia is maintained by a decentralized network of writers and editors.
The record of all Bitcoin transactions that these computers are constantly updating is known as the blockchain.
Cursul euro/leu este în atenția publicului larg la moment, evoluția acestuia fiind pe creștere zilnică mai ales în ultima perioadă. Să privim cum evoluat în ultimii 2 ani leul moldovenesc și cel românesc în comparație cu euro.
Valoarea EUR/RON la început de an mai mică decât valorile la începtul anilor 2014 și 2013.
Evoluția leului moldovenesc față de euro crește vertiginos în ultimii doi ani, de la 16 la aproape 21 de lei pe un euro.
Totodată, după cum se poate observa evoluția de la începutul anului 2015 iese de sub orice control, volatilitatea cursului fiind foarte mare. Suplimentar, putem specifica că cursul stabilit de Banca Națională pentru 9 februarie 2015 este de 20.9744 lei pentru 1 euro.